PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working in Europe?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2004, 19:02
run

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working in Europe?

I have a problem. I am a Danish citizen and am currently living in Denmark after a 4 year tour in the States and because I have been here for a year I have to turn in my Green Card.
Most of the companies in the States require you to have established authorization to work in the United States before applying, but if I reapply for a Green Card I have to move to the States withing 6 months after the application gets approved. In these days you are far from guarantied that you get an interview withing that time limit and there is even less guarantie that you have a job within that timeframe. On top of that every application for a Green Card is to say the least a hazzle.

What should I do? I don't see quitting my well paid job in Denmark before getting another as an option.

My wife is an American citizen and getting the Green Card is a formality, but quite a hazzle. Is it likely any of the companies will accept an application without work permit if I explain that I can get it pretty easy? Anybody else been in my shoes?