PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Toad Eats Humble Pie
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2004, 15:24
Traitor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It wasn't easy to make the decision to leave. Not many people would leave the security of an airline that they have been serving for many years. But taking the big picture into consideration I realised that MAS had not shown me much loyalty in the time that I was with them. Like a whole horde of others I opted to leave when the offers came. And I personally have no regrets about this move.

The people who ran and are running Flight Operations have done a great disservice to MAS and the nation. Over a period of years MAS has lost the cream of its pilot community to EVA, CAL, KAL, Asiana, Emirates and Etihad (to mention just a few.) No effort was made to stop the exodus except a couple of visits to the above-named airlines to ask, plead and threaten them to stop taking in MAS pilots.

This particular tactic was first practised by doctorcon and later used by his sidekick the toad. However they had overlooked the initiative and the aspirations of the pilots. When openings came up they left in droves.

And they are leaving AGAIN!!!!!!!

The pilots left in MAS are mainly made up now of has-beens , rejects and the ex-air force

There has been no accountability in Flight Operations. The camel, doctorcon, joseph, 001 and the toad have been getting away with their incompetence for such a long time that it's become the culture. They have been responsible for the pilot shortage, and yet nobody pays the price. In fact the toad has been given an honorific.

Why did I leave? For all the reasons stated by shintaro. But above all because I recognise the culture. There is only so much stupidity I can stand.