PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Citiexpress Jet First Officer Jobs
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2004, 14:54
CheekyVisual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although I work for Citiexpress I'm not sure exactly what the recruitment bods are looking for for what. What I can tell you is what I have seen occurring around the bases.

No matter how many hours you have if you are not type rated on the 145 or RJ you will not be offered a jet position. The direct entry jet pilots I have met in recent weeks are all ex Swiss (crossair) 145 drivers.

There is a shortage on all fleets which is about to get a lot worse. However there are a lot of people serving their time on the Dash who have put the hard work in and will get those jet positions on the basis on seniority which is only right and fair.

The company can make a case to BALPA (not that they are that much use) that direct entry on to the jets by type rated pilots saves training costs and cutting costs is the holy grail. (They are just no good at it !)

However, having said that knowing how big the exodus could be (if a lot of guys and girls are successful in their interviews) jet progression may not be long in coming.

Good luck to all trying no matter what they say there are worse places to be than the Dash in MAN !