PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAC pilots threatened with sack...PART 2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2004, 02:18
ginjockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like a very amateur contract from the Best Skills staff. Written in a basic manner and with lots of vague areas. I take it that no pilots are required to hang about all day answering phones, doing qoutes or cleaning the office then. It's not in the contract is it? As a pilot you can turn up, flight plan, fuel and depart and when you return have the rest of the day off. Never once touching a broom or bottle of spray and wipe. That's a bonus but who is now doing all the random garbage that needs to be done. What about driving in and out of the CBD collecting passengers and so on? That all takes up hours of your day too.

But my question regards insurance. How does that work? Who is liable for accident cover? Is the contractor liable? Are pilots paying their own accident cover and how does that work if a company aircraft fails (not pilot error) and causes the accident? I would get those details covered in writing in individual contracts to be safe.

Don't forget that as a contractor you are paying tax on those wages which entails keeping a tax record and associated paperwork, as well as your own superannuation and incidentals.

As for the contract, it looks like a year five student drafted it up to keep track of his boy scout fund raising dollars. Pretty amateur indeed.