PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter aerodynamics CD Rom?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2004, 00:22
gadgetguru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MPD

i'm with you - i am certainly a visually dependant learner; "a picture tells a thousand words" etc.

i am a student CPL(H) pilot & have been working on producing some 3d animations of several topics, i am currently studying Aerodynamics & am making a list (quite extensive now ) of all the items that i need to animate. I am still learning the tools to produce this too, so the process is doubly painful for me.

i had intended to produce my own theory application incorporating all of these animations, but as a student pilot i am nowhere near the level i would need to be in order to produce such technical detail (with any authority ) & would need to source an existing content from a more appropriate (qualified) source.

I have been using my existing books etc. as references, & I hope to be able to produce enough animations that i could approach some of these authors with the intent to produce an electronic format of their texts, including my animations.

I may be behind the eight-ball though as i noticed the other day in (i think it was) the Australia AVIATION magazine an advert for CD-ROM based theory

I have not seen a copy of it, nor know of anyone who has, so i am unsure of the format of the content & whether or not they have utilised graphical animations etc. i can only assume that they would have.

in any case i am continuing my personal project of animating all the little things i can, so that i can at least incorporate them into pre-flight briefings, where such aerodynamics focused topics might need to be revised.

I was considering using this forum as a testbed for some of the content (once completed) to tap the brains of the mentors out there who are the prime candidates for critizing any visualisations that i interpret into an animation.