PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Drug found in Pilots of Jet Crash"
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2004, 16:34
Skunkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello everyone.... I'm Jar ops qualifyed CRM and Human Factor instructor, and both flying with two Captains and under influence of any kind of drugs, should be REMARKED more and more during CRM sessions....a lot of other problems can happens during thr flight. The fact that 2 Capt find difficulties on their own role is very important and leads to forget F/O duties. This shouldn't happen obviously, but I find awful that all the responsibilities are strictly connected with medicines that 2 pilots dead ( so not able to defense themselves) assuned before the flight! I agree that the time should pass after taking sleeping pills or antihyistaminic is quite long, but once again I think that Pilots in general should be advised by their phisycians...and this is an argument that CRM should treat more than now (together with the fact that 2 Captains together are not really safe for fly....).
In this case other factors i.e. ice, worsened the situation and I don't find right to give all the fault to Pilots...as long as they are humans not machines!!!!!

Skunkie