PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA cadet pilot (Merged - Again!).
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2004, 11:48
jabba-777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there everyone,

Firstly congrats to those that have received interviews.
I just wanted to ask a few questions to those that have received interviews from the SIA cadet ship program.

To those that are Malaysians and applied from Malaysia, is the interview conducted in Malaysia (KL) or is it done in Singapore.

Also to those that applied and got interviews, did you guys complete any higher education (ie: Degree, diploma, etc)

On the SIA website they mention, that you need :
"Minimum of 5 GCE ‘O’/SPM level credits or its equivalent. These must include English, Mathematics and a Pure Science subject, preferably Physics, taken at one sitting"

I would like to know what is the equivalent of the GSE 'O'/SPM in Australia. Like in Perth we have the primary school years: 1-7
secondary school starts in year 8 to year 12. However, years 11 and years 12 is the years you need to sit to get yourself into university. So would the GSE 'O'/SPM be equivalent to year 10, or year 12.

I applied for the SIA cadet program back in 2002, I just started uni then and was told to wait until i finish my degree by a few pilots that i was in contact with, with SIA. They said they prefer to take cadets when they are more mature and have more education, compared to a school leaver. Since a few years have passed and Im' nearing the end of my degree, I would like to apply again and would greatly appreciate some answers to my questions above.

Thanks in advanced
Regards
jabba