PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - POLL. The NAS from your perspective
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2004, 10:27
Binoculars

Just Binos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No he hasn't Chuck, one of those was Woomera.

In all fairness, it's hardly a scientific poll as W has admitted, and will ultimately prove nothing, a point already graciously made by GT-R. My original suggestion for a poll was suggested rather tongue in cheek to mock Dick's hypothesis that a lot of ATC's support NAS, a proposition so completely removed from reality as to be laughable, but we're becoming used to that sort of unrealistic rhetoric from him.

I know my poll was completely unenforceable and therefore meaningless, but I don't see that making up a poll to reflect what has been quite obviously the massive majority opinion on this forum is going to achieve much either.

I do notice that none of the pro-NAS advocates have been willing to hang their shingle on either a safety or an economic benefit, all choosing a combination of the two. I find this fascinating, implying as it does they genuinely believe there was a net safety benefit behind the reforms, a difficult tenet to propose for anybody except Dick, plus a significant net economic benefit, a suggestion which has been completely discredited by the people appointed to investigate it.

Funny how easily dogma can overcome reason.