PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - mam forum
Thread: mam forum
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2004, 08:31
Bodum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just some friendly advice from someone whos been around a while

Be very careful what you say about the union, and how you express your views on here. If Qantas decided to get rid of Mam casuals tomorrow, (which they can as they are not QF employees)
I wonder how many of you would be crying out for union support then?

The union is dealing with MANY major issues at the moment, more than what any of you realise. Also the union has done well negotiating your contracts in the past, in particular the fact that you can just be available when you want to be and your hourly rate is nothing to scoff at either. You may not realise it but the union do in fact care about you, and do their best, along with dealing with hundreds of other issues.

Some more advice. Quite a few of you on this site are well known to alot of Flight Attendants/CSMs/Management that visit this site. Once again I suggest you choose your words carefully on here, as reputations can be easily damaged.

Finally, Im not a union delegate. I am a member, and I feel it is necessary to be one. I also dont want this to turn into a union bashing post, nor do I want it turned into a Mam versus Qantas bash either. This is purely advice, in particular for those new Mam recruits in training now.

Happy flying all..