PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald latest??
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2004, 08:20
dada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i could say something about this lot but i don't need to because people know what i think. it could be a great company to work for if people were treated (managed) effectively. i know tin pot outfits
don't pay big bucks, are often stepping stones for lots of folk and require a lot of goodwill form employees, but most will accept these terms if they are made to feel valued which in turn improves productivity, loyalty etc etc. being valued doesn't mean
more dosh, more leave etc, it can be little touches (appreciation and recognition go a a long way for example). not so though with the mob - he's the know all of the airline industry - can do it all better than anyone else (who are stupid) , and if it were physically possile would do it all himself. i'm sure he's raking it in and that's fine with andy janes because he will be raking it in as well. nothing wrong with that as such, but you can still rake it in
and make people feel valued. why not rake in a little less and give some back as profit share for example - in the long term the amount you rake in will increase if you have a happy loyal workforce. don't think that's what they have at emerald.