PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald latest??
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2004, 16:07
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bit of an unfair post there, at no time would I ever suggest that pilots are the be all and end all for an airline, but to be totally blunt they are the single most important group of employees in any airline, a/c can't fly without crews but they can without accountants.

Emerald's problems are far deeper than a Pilots Vs Management debate. Have you asked our engineers how happy they are the moment?? Ops and crewing?? They love working there...........

If we had enough crews to cover the amount of work we have at the moment it would be great. I've seen the stress that the guy's and gal's in ops have to go through just to crew an 'normal' day. How many roster changes have you had recently??
The current situation is unsustainable and for the sake of employing a few more people we are at risk of losing contracts. I seem to remember that a 748 had to do one of the Shed runs a couple of weeks ago, since there were no crews available for a scheduled run! How daft is that? Last minute charters are one thing, but not being able to crew a flight that goes everyday is unforgiveable in my eyes. In the long term having a bit of slack available pays off, but that concept doesn't seem to be understood by 'management.' (A catch-all phrase that really applies to one person.)