PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Andalucia
Thread: Air Andalucia
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2004, 13:45
Cyrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few thoughts from a browse on the website

Nice clean website design. I wish all concerned the best of luck.

It worries me just a little, though, when startups announce really big plans before they've even got off the ground. "18 aircraft within 2 years, and plans for Kenya and South Africa"? Good luck, guys, and I hope you get there, but get over stage 1 first...

"In 2005 there will be additional flights to Madrid, Barcelona and London City." LCY implies that another type is coming into the fleet, which is a lot of complexity for a new startup to assimilate. I know LCY wants a Madrid service, but I'd have thought that with the business clientele, the flat-rate pricing that Air Andalucia is proposing (yes, another one...) represents a major loss of potential yield from last-minute bookings. And that makes me wonder: is this going to be a no-frills carrier? Into LCY?

One note in passing on these flat fares: although I don't personally think they work, one of the main arguments put forward in favour of flat fares is the fairness one: you're not sitting beside someone who's paid far less than you.

Air Andalucia is proposing fares of Manston-Odense 79 euros, Manston-Granada and Odense-Granada both 130 euros.

So I'm flying from Manston to Granada having paid my 130 euros, and the Danish chap beside me has also paid 130 euros - for two flight legs rather than one, and about double the distance. Not sure that's going to feel equitable to me.

Still, I won't rehash the flat-fares argument - it was extensively discussed in the context of N*w a few months back.

C.