PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi strike?
Thread: bmi strike?
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2004, 13:14
Fester T Adams

Angry

Oh fuzzy

I did travel bmi once & to be honest with you it was such a bad experience I felt like never travelling with them again. Why you may ask: firstly the male FA giggled & sniggered to himself through the whole safety demonstration.

Secondly I know absentmindedly I left a bottle of wine behind on leaving the aircraft, realised it in the baggage hall & went immediately to the service desk for your airline. The helpful lady phoned through & guess what staff had found my wine & said they would bring it down to me. I waited & waited & waited & guess what the wine never appeared, a member of the staff had the gall to run off with it. Stealing from the customers eh, very professional, unselfish, ethical behaviour, cared alot about the company image then eh.

Okay bmi customer serrvice department did send me a voucher to replace the wine but to be honest with you I'd only ever fly bmi again as a last resort, I've never had to deal with appalling behaviour like this on the much maligned FR.

If what I witnessed by your customer care the one time I flew with you is anything to go by I'm not surprised at your attitude. If I had my choice of any airline BMI would be my last one out of desperation.

Welcome to the real world & the laws of the marketplace. If a customer pays for a product or service they deserve to receive it & if not to be helped around the problem, they do not deserve to be left in the lurch.

If I treated the customers in my company or treated my job with such wholehearted lightness & unprofessionalism as I witnessed in your company I'd be out of a job years ago, I'm actually known for my good customer skills. If a customer buys our product & has problems they are given as much time as they need & are treated with respect, sensitivity & courtesy to sort it out, they are never accused of selfishness because since there a customer I owe them professional courtesy until the problem is solved & they are happy. I've never left a customer unhappy yet. It appears in aviation if a customer pays for a service its becoming pot luck whether they receive it & are treated with contempt, indifference & disrespect if they complain for not getting the service they deserve.

Maybe that's the difference between you & me & why I work in the job with excellent conditions that I do & you're stuck in the job that you have. Shucks!

Oh & yes I do have sympathy for staff working in aviation but at the rate its going you're running my patience thin.