PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Gulf Air up to its old tricks?
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2004, 13:13
4HolerPoler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where there's smoke there's combustion.

What better forum to out a little smoke than this one? Definitely smells like a rat (could be a mouse; I'm not qualified to discern the difference) here.

I nearly fell out of my chair (it was a lighter moment) when I read vfenext's "Why not wait til the results of the various findings and start a thread then, when you know the truth." What a delightfully blinkered view of the world you have, my man!

It all comes down to the old adage that you can't have two systems; one for the locals & one for the expats. It's got zilch to do with racism. Sure that drum gets rolled out and the xenophobes amongst us beat it with enthusiasm but as long as the company (not just Gulf Air) and it's management or appointed officers turn a blind eye or shred evidence of malpractice because of a miscreant's social or cultural background or because of concern that airing such evidence would bring disrepute to the company then they are going nowhere but backwards in their pontificated efforts to improve safefy.

Let me make it very clear that I embrace the fact that the great majority of Gulf Nationals are very competent pilots who maintain the standards set by the various companies. What I'm on about is those that don't maintain these standards or those that trangress such standards and whose actions are ignored or concealed by management because of their social standing.

It may appear to some, that folk such as EAN36 are troublemakers, but this site will encourage whistleblowers who have credible evidence of corruption in organizations to post their rumours here. All in effort to excise such malpractice with a goal of improving standards and acceptable practice in what is clearly not an honest world.

4HP