PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAC pilots threatened with sack...PART 2
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2004, 23:42
ginjockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Jon Pierre has it summed up. Employing full time staff gives them certain rights, such as sick leave, holiday pay and most importantly, a stronger defence against unlawful dismissal. NAC has been indentified as a company that will dismiss it's staff at the drop of a hat and for vague reasons ( refer to the recent laughable arbitration thread posted in DG). Although it is generally better all round for any compnay and its employees to have full time apppointments, this makes it much more difficult for a company to sack staff at will.

It is proven however that contractor have comparatively little loyalty or personal connection to their workplace and this shows up in their work efforts.

I see it here at my work. I am a full timer and I love my workplace and job as it's secure and safe. We also employ people on contracts, they could not care less about the place. Mostly, they make no effort to save money or go the extra mile. That has the potential to cost an employer an absolute packet if you are operating aircraft.

It's not the best way to run a service type business trust me. Disenchanted and unsmiling contract labour at the pointy end of your customer relations.... NO thanks.
Good luck with your jobs guys and girls, whatever the future brings.

Gin