PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi strike?
Thread: bmi strike?
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2004, 19:39
Fester T Adams

Grrr

No Whippersnapper I'm not kidding, I really feel quite angry. I'm trying to deal with a trip I have to take soon but which has the potential of being scupperd by strikes in as rational, positive & proactive a way as possible.

If all comes to all I decided just incase I'd better look for alternatives to get to LHR for my connecting flight. Firstly I looked at the ferry, thought it a too convoluted option, maybe I should have stopped there while the going was good.

Then I went into a search engine to see what airlines flew from my airport to LHR, got only one, the option I had already chosen, knew that couldn't be right. Someone said check BMIbaby, fed that through my computer, no luck, then I researched BMI, ah bingo, here's the backup I can go for should I need it, damn why hadn't I booked that airline in the first place. Or is it, obviously not, why should I waste a load more money on an option that's as precarious & unreliable as the option I already have. It's like playing Russian roulette in the dark, what do you want me to do, flippin swim.

As an industry IMHO aviation is turning into one big joke & I for one am not laughing & no I don't blame the employees but you have to see the backlash of all this industrial unrest from a pax's point of view too & we are not happy or impressed.

Also please do not make derogatory & personal insults regardng my intelligence, there is no need for that to put your point of view across.

All I can say is thank god I turned down that job I was offered in aviation, if these pages are anything to go by my gut feeling was right.