PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines baulk at air safety reforms
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2004, 09:52
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poison dwarf, I have been down this road before but I can rehash the same figures again if you like. When comparing Australia, the U.S.A and Canada, Australia has the lowest GA accident rate, and the lowest GA fatality rate per thousand movements. So unless you can back up your comment,

We have a high death rate in general aviation; having flown in most other countries I am not surprised
then withdraw it please.

Please tell us all if the controllers and the pilots are not the ones to design airspace, then who is?? Surely a controller knows what the best way to expedite the safe movement of traffic is. The airspace is designed with this in mind. The airlines are the majority users of the airspace and the pay for the running and the upkeep of the entire infrastructure, so why wouldn't they and their pilots have a large say in the design of the airspace. As I see it, the pilots and the controllers, would have a much better idea at designing workable, safe airspace than a cowboy aviator (term used loosely), and a few of his wealthy mates.