PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines baulk at air safety reforms
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2004, 09:31
poison_dwarf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
simple maths

At the start of NAS the airlines national and regional stated clearly that they would support NAS, these quotes come from the very first workshop and continued until the last. It was nothing but lies it is now the case that they have resisted change all the way, they will only accept changes that benefit them. These airlines are now controlling the countries airspace and forcing the travelling public by using scare tactics to accept their views, these views are not qualified or quantified they are based on nothing more than feelings of perceived hazards. Basically the airlines have cost the Australian taxpayer millions based on gut feelings. They are demanding changes to suit their needs that will put aviators and the travelling public at risk.

Do we let truck drivers design road networks, train drivers design the rail network? Of course we do not so why allow pilots to design airspace. Do not confuse me with someone that supports NAS I have mixed views on the whole thing. I am a pilot I do not purport to be an expert in airspace even though I fly in the dam thing for a living. But I am tired of listening to the drivel that is coming out of half these posts. Plain and simple pilots and controllers should not be running airspace there are people with adequate qualifications for this task. We have a high death rate in general aviation; having flown in most other countries I am not surprised. Airspace reform is only part of the answer.

Australian is not like any other country we are unique are some of the comments I have read, absolute crap try flying in other countries its about time we all grew up and left airspace reform to airspace designers. We have one of the most complex systems I have ever seen but at least the scenery makes up for it. Our system is a bandaid system just add a little bit hear and they’re another bandaid to fix the problem. That’s my 2cents worth.