PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can someone explain how this pic was taken?
Old 19th Aug 2004, 09:01
sheenboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Dave and others for your excellent points on this.

I have suggested a few times on other forums that many photos being distributed around are subject to photoshop tinkering, but generally people want to believe they are real (often whipping themselves into a near-sexual frenzy in their praise of the pics).

Its interesting to note that the photographers of these 'spectacular photos' often have hundreds of 'spectacular photos' which makes me think they have got very skilled at photoshop trickery.....you can be lucky once or twice and get a great pic but not every single time....surely....

On this particular photo, I would suggest that the plane wasn't ever even IN that background. Its been cut and pasted on maybe? We'll never know. But I'd really like to see more PPruners have a healthy degree of scepticism when leafing thru this stuff.

What next? Apparently there is a photo doing the rounds of a goat calmly grazing on the wing of a B744 (or a B742? not sure) at full cruising speed at 35,000 ft above the Moon. Oh and the goat looks a bit like Bill Gates.