PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RE: A young female in aviation? Follow up
Old 19th Aug 2004, 03:44
DirectAnywhere

Received 183 Likes on 39 Posts
Splannie, I don't think the follow up topic to your perfectly reasonable question has been intended to belittle or insult you in any way.

It is instead aimed at those on PPRuNe whose eyes lit up when they saw a post by a 21 year old woman asking for help.

You are not the first to ask questions about future career paths on this forum. However, the response to your posts, largely I would say due to the fact that you identified yourself as a young, possibly attractive woman, is completely disproprtionate to the number of replies similar topics have received previously.

I used to fly with female students quite often, who were generally no better or worse than their male counterparts. I fly with female captains who are the equal of their male colleagues.

There is no reason why you should not be successful if you have the drive, determination and ability.

As I said, I would suggest that the implied criticism in the post "A young male in aviation" is aimed not at you but at others. You'll get enough criticism in this business of your own without trying to take anyone else's!!

So keep asking the questions and but take it all with a grain of salt. Not many people are willing to give much these days without expecting a little something back.