PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAC pilots threatened with sack...PART 2
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2004, 01:47
ginjockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From an industrial relations and legal perspective, can anyone comment on the potential for pilots at this company to take their case to a proper court or hearing. I assume that all the pilots employed there are casuals and were employed under a some loose verbal employment condition. I seriously doubt that the company would employ many full time staff (with associated entitlements) under a formal award type agreement as that costs more and makes it harder to sack people etc etc. Sacking staff at will and verbal under the table deals seem to be the preferred method of business at NAC ( Based on reading the report on the sacked pilot/ arbitartion case posted recently).

The question is:

As a casual, if you don't accept the new below award deal, you get fired (or not re-employed), do you really have any comeback on that or is it just easier to walk off and look for another job, which is what the boss wants you to do?

Can anyone comment?

as a sideline, this whole deal and the way it was designed and enforced sounds like a perfect example of utterly dismal human resource management and I can't imagine what sort of dollars NAC are paying Best Skills Practice to implement it but they are doing a lousy job I would suggest.