PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAC pilots threatened with sack...PART 2
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2004, 02:11
jon.pierre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAC pilots threatened with sack...PART 2

For those waiting on an update.
(Background: Refer “ALL NAC pilots threatened with sack! http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=138104

Wanted SCABs to replace NAC pilots standing up for their rights,
Northern Territory News, Saturday, August 14, 2004. Page 66 – Classifieds.
Best Practice Skills
Pilots Wanted For Contract Work
Requirements:
Cessna 210/206 Pilots, minimum 500 hours TT, 50 on type
Cessna 310/Baron 58 Pilots, minimum 1000 hours TT, 200 twin, endorsed on type.
Cessna 402/Chieftain Pilots, minimum 1500 hours TT, 300 twin, endorsed on type.
Please contact 89** **** or fax resume to 89** ****
Email: bestpractice@…
I’m informed that very few of the existing pilots have signed on as contractors, but the newies of course had no choice if they wanted to work.

NAC/BPS released a revised contract conceding a 2 hour minimum, and adding a paragraph recommending pilots take out there own public liability insurance. But as far as I can see that’s the only changes. Upshot the guys that do two trips to BTI for Tiwi Travel and Freight (Flight Numbers 007/ 008, & 009/ 010 departing Darwin at 0800 and returning from the second trip at 1730 – Refer the published schedule on their website) would now be paid 2 hours instead of 1.2 hours under the original contract. But of course, while not “required,” pilots are still expected to work free, on the ground, in the between times.

AFAP have arrived in town and met with pilots last night. They will be meeting with the company over the week.

NAC/BPS have also been requested by some government and other companies to provide evidence that their pilots conditions are award compliant. BPS informed one of these companies that pilots NAC would be back paying it’s pilots to the 24 March for any shortfalls to the award… (bwahaha, I’d like to see where HA is going to produce the estimated $250-300K needed to pay out correctly, when he’s so far behind on his aircraft, fuel and other bills. But of coarse, for his pilots, I hope he does).

Hang in there guys, ‘cos while the contract rate looks good on the front page, the deal falls way short on fair benefits and conditions… short on conditions equivalent to more than $13 per flight hour single driver, and $22 per hour for a twin pilot.

Fight for your rights, you’ll certainly have earned them and the back pay.

(And HA, don't bother reporting me for the post, I'm emailing Woomera our verification)

Last edited by jon.pierre; 19th Aug 2004 at 03:47.