PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2004, 01:12
acey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot Testing?

Hi all,

I managed to get through the aptitude testing and am booked in for pilot testing next month. I am after some info on the pilot testing.

I have read about 'following a dot on the screen' and the obvious accurately reading aircraft instrumentation.

Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Here's my story:
I have wanted to fly jets since I was little, however my eyesight isn't the best as I wear contacts/glasses.

I have tried to get in twice before since 1999 but i was told laser was not being accepted. Recently I read laser may be accepted, so I called up and they confirmed. I am going to see an Opthamolgist soon (as asked by nurse on JOES day).

I am looking at natural methods of eyesight correction and am willing to undergo laser to have a chance at getting into the defence forces.

At the moment, I'm studying aerspace eng and flying on side - almost got my PPL. I'm hoping to attain my dream one day and have researched alternatives such as flight test engineering.

Have read this thread with great interest - good luck to everyone and never ever give up.