PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Bank Holiday Chaos
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2004, 14:06
pprecious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think in this day and age the vast majority of us all work for management teams that are on, what we believe are highly inflated pay and bonus scheme's etc etc.

Whilst I agree that the Check in staff do show the pax on the plane, how long could it be before, say, the CC fulfull this role (as an example, I'm sure MOL has already looked at this!)

I hope that, through all of this the two parties involved, i.e the unions and the management are focussing their efforts on negotiation, as opposed to focussing on increasing the distruption (Unions) and breaking the strike (Management)

As I mentioned before, the staff are the patsy's in this, I doubt very much your union 'leaders' have anything more than their union bank accounts and perks to consider, after all, they are a business too, and in this world any increase in salary means an increase in their percentage based subscriptions from your pay packet. I hope that thiose of who did vote yes have done it for the correct reasons, especially as it was only 25% of the total able to vote.

All I want to do is get away for a well earned weekend (yes, I am an average wage earner, with no private jet), on an airline that I don't have to fight for a seat, takes me to where I want to go, instead of an airport miles away, and is not in line to cause the next aluminium shower.