PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard Core Category A?
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2004, 12:59
helmet fire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
meow.

I hope I spelled it write.

Oh, and the AB139 - so you are going to buy a more powerful machine after all that?
Helmut.

JimL: Here in Oz we have a slightly different enroute climb requirement OEI, and that is dependant upon category (airwork, charter, & VFR or IFR, etc) but it is essentially the same aim. You are right about the fuel dump not being so straight forward - it requires forethought and calculation prior to enroute use for the reasons you allude to: though I would contend that it is not rocket science. But at the take off and landing areas, it is very straight forward, simple to use, and of benefit. I also agree that it's use is of smaller benefit for offshore ops - but it is still of benefit. Overland, there are occaisions when our drift down requirement prevents me carrying preferred fuel loads in my current EMS job, let alone the take off and landing phases. And in the charter situation, it would greatly benefit our higher DA operations by allowing more fuel on take offs.

BTW, Does you fuel dump plan regulation actually say "the" heliport, or any heliport? In other words, is a diversion acceptable for fuel dumping purposes? Can "heliport" be met by a field, road or paddock, or does it mean a permanent helicopter landing site?

Last edited by helmet fire; 17th Aug 2004 at 21:22.