PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Bank Holiday Chaos
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2004, 12:42
weis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can understand the frustration from a commercial passenger's point of view, but to accuse us of not having any sympathy for customers is absolutely ridiculous. We as frontline staff take all the BS (no disrespect intended), work our back-sides' off, only to be left with barely £1000 (GROSS) at the end of the month, while management gets bonuses amounting to X thousands (if not hundred's of thousands). Does that seem reasonable?

Secondly, you could check-in online/using self service, but there will be no team to board the flight as that's done by check-in staff as well (or were you under the impression that management took an active role in catering for customer needs?)

Thirdly, to somebody's post regarding BA's economy service, i would say you get preferential treatment as you are airline staff, otherwise economy passenger's are treated like crap, and that's a known fact in the company.

Last but not least, for those of you who are naive enough to think that we as frontline staff have no sympathy for our customers, you ought to know that when a similar strike occurred last year, our CEO was off to Hong Kong on holiday with his family on CX, what does that say about how much he/she values the customers?

At the end of the day, i couldn't care less for what the strike does to passengers plans (holiday or not)...it is customary for passenger's to nag about anything and everything so i'm quite used to it. To the people nagging about us not providing a service bla bla bla...try living in London on less than £1000 a month, and then talk to us.