PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Bank Holiday Chaos
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2004, 12:15
pprecious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As another poor unfortunate who is intending to travel over the bank holiday weekend I am completely mystified as to why your unions are targeting your everyday income, i.e people with families just like yourselves. We don't have a company paying our travel costs or time over a bank holiday weekend.

Yes the tubes go on strike, and we are delayed by an hour or so, yes the railwyays go on strike, we can use buses and cars etc, how do we find alternatives to having to use a plane?? Apart from alternative carriers? Of which from LHR there is limited choice due to the BA monopoly (its our flag carrier, so no issue there)

To mitigate the potential problems of this weekend I booked on-line, I will check in online and pick my boarding pass up using my credit card / exec card from the electronic check in points. I will not need to see another human being until I reach the entrance to the departures area when I flash my boarding card at the security person, and I won't need to see a BA employee until I reach my plane.

People, I suggest you look at what can happen here if you do start to disrupt normal peoples plans and your employers like this, as, unlike pilots, doctors, firemen, and tube drivers etc, you can be replaced by machines (and these don't strike!)

I am hoping that you and your unions see sense before this happens, as if my weekends travel plans are wrecked by some union idiots, hell bent on their own agenda using you staff as pawns, I for one will be very pleased to see all those desks and queues replaced by those quick and easy to use little TV screens that will be unable to hold me to ransom, for something out of my control.