PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Bank Holiday Chaos
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2004, 12:03
ABird747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obviously you don't understand the complexities of travel & many peoples itineraries.
No, obviously I don't... How silly of me... You'd think that having worked in the industry for 8 years I'd have paid a little more attention.

You keep going on and on about how selfish us awful, wicked airline staff are, but all you seem to do is lament your own circumstances. I can see your point of view perfectly, can you see the check-in staff's problem too?

How very wise you were to go and get a better career that was paid so marvellously well. Did you get a career that allows you to afford a business jet? You haven't? Oh well, perhaps you should've forseen this as you say the check-in staff should've forseen net pay cuts.

It's great that you support Michael O'Leary so whole heartedly now. Have you bothered to read the threads that recount his tactics? Perhaps you should climb out of Mrs Thatchers handbag and recognise that people need unions to stand up for their rights.

I am not defending the union's decision to choose the bank holiday weekend for their action, that to me seems particularly vindictive (but also a good bargaining tool), but as you seem to be of the opinion that the check-in staff should put you before their financial well being and ability to support themselves, isn't it only fair that you should return the favour and put their wellbeing before your little holiday and the terribly complex travel plans you have or at least try to understand the issues a little more before you start spurting your offensive drivel on an airline crew website?

How about taking the advice that you give to the check-in staff; if you don't like it, go somewhere else? Not a very helpful suggestion is it?