PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Massey Uni Ardmore campus closure?
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2004, 19:18
kwikenz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quite right about the relative size issues and the single base.

The problems all started with the absorbtion of Flightline and the many ineconomies associated with delivering the same product twice. The whole thing was competition driven... thats the problem really... the Uni can never compete with the tin shack outfits cause they pay a little better and have a horde of academics and ancilliary staff to run things. As soon as loans were opened to everyone it was a matter of grow or die. I'm quite convinced all would be fairly ambivalent if Massey had stayed its origianl size and loans were kept at a minimum.

Funny... I hear that Massey pilots are actually very well trained... especially the instrcuting students!? There are idiots everywhere with the availability of loan funding.

I also know there is a major shift toward consultation and industry focus. But again why would the Uni want to go visit Sattler for how they should do things when he has nothing but poison for all but his own breed of superior pilot?

I have no doubt we will get more of the same at the AIA conference... Massey will be there for a change this time though, which should make things interesting. See you there.