PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 16th Aug 2004, 16:15
flaps to 60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flypuppy

How many years have you waited for a job.?

If like me over 5 years and possibly the same for the thread originator then how much patience should one keep heaping on every year as one gets older and see the openings get less and less interest rates rising or the property market passing you by etc etc.

If i had had the money a few years ago i would have not hesitated going for one of them and watched the self righteous hang on for the free job. Dont get me wrong i would have hated having to pay up even more money but my desire to fly would have easily seen to that.

I got lucky by networking and never stepping on anyones toes and it worked for me. My airline paid for everything and im grateful for that. But how long must someone wait to get there taking the pious route.

One thing for sure is that the UK national with their 1000 hours instructing is not going to get taken on easily when there are hundreds of non UK nationals flooding the country with guess what... a Type Rating and lots of hours to boot.

Look at www.eaglejet.net

You metioned about working in the middle or far east. Their 737 and 320 progarmmes i think operate in that region and/or eastern europe.

As with everything on this website there are 3 sides to every coin and everyone has an opinion. Sort the wheat from the chaff and go with what you think is.

Good luck and sometimes i wish i was doing you flying until i get to play with FMS that is.