PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sharm el Sheik
Thread: Sharm el Sheik
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2004, 08:48
BillHicksRules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tired,

Mrs BHR and I spent our honeymoon there last year.

There is nothing at all for your wife to worry about.

The resort in my opinion puts all the Costas etc to shame. If you consider that in 1986 this was still part of Israel and had not really been developed it is amazing what the Egyptians have done in the time. It is still growing too. All the building work takes place in the winter time (out of season) so no worries there either.

We had a great two weeks. Weather was in the 50s (degrees C that is). Make sure you go either scuba diving or snorkelling. The water clarity is amazing. Make sure you invest in a pair of swim shoes. They are about £2 a pair but trust me they are the best buy you will make. The number of idiots who got their feet all cut by the coral was huge. Be very careful in the sun it is ferocious. You can get badly burned even from the reflection off the water or the sand even if you are in the shade.

Depending on the hotel you stay at you might be up to 30 mins drive from the town centre (the good hotels are all stretched out along the coast) but it is worth going into especially if you begin to want to try something of the local cuisine (most of the hotels are set-up to cater for the Europeans (Germans and Italians mostly). There are also chains like McDonalds, Pizza Hut and Hard Rock Cafe.

If you want to talk more then please feel free to ask. I will tell you what I can.

Cheers

BHR