PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hours building: Questions, Ideas, Advice, Countries etc
Old 16th Aug 2004, 06:11
chopperpilot47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a CFI in Pennsylvania and run a school there. This is information only, not an advert. It really does not matter which seat you occupy to log P1 hours. Our students sit in the left seat when training and when they gain their licence in the Bell 47. When they are training for their instructor rating they sit in the right seat. It is P1 whichever seat they sit in as long as they have a licence.

I'm not sure about the traffic watch operation. I can see an argument either way that it is a commercial operation. It would probably be better if Chuck took his instructor rating.

A lot of nonsence is talked about the pilot's seat in the Jetranger. According to the FAA examiner we use the only reason the PIC sits on the right is that the collective on that side has the switches and buttons, the left side does not.

I don't see the CAA having a problem with logging the flight hours on the traffic watch operation as long as the pilot has a licence and actually flies the helicopter. I don't see what difference actually starting the helicopter makes.

Regards,

Chopperpilot 47