PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIMBLESS WOMAN SUES Air France
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2004, 04:35
Cart_tart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope she gets squillions from AF.
I'd like to point out that quadrepligics, paraplegics, people missing limbs, epileptics, brain injuries, elderly & frail etc are quite capable of travelling on their own.
As a flight attendant I look after people with disabilities all the time. They are more often than not the most polite and friendly pax on the flight. They are briefed seperately to other pax (in most cases even before other pax have boarded) and they are told and understand that in the event of an emergency they will be last off the aircraft with the crew. In 99% of cases they do not have a carer with them, and nor do they need to. Many people with paralysis have a "bag" for their waste issues during the flight - they are not seen nor are they offensive to other pax, therefore they do not need someone to travel with them to help them with their toilet activities. When it comes to food/drink etc, I happily cut up meals, open packaging, & help with feeding if need be - not just for people with disablilities but for kids, elderly and anyone in general that appears to be having trouble opening that damn cheese packet!!! C'mon y'all know what i'm talking about! All the cabin crew I work with are more than happy to help.
The lady in question's treatment was pure discrimination. I hope the check in/ground service agent in question was sacked!