PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ba 777 Full Evacuation In Iah
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2004, 18:52
Mick814

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ladies and Gents

I appear to have offended a few of you and for that I apologise BUT out of every incident one must take onboard areas 'for review' which can enhance our industry and of course safety - that is why this industry has such a good safety record.

Worldwidelad and apaddyinuk

Paxs were not evacuated from the left side, to my knowledge, but the doors were open. This does concern me as the fire brigade were operating on that engine and if it had blown then flames could have entered the cabin - once again not a crticism just an observation for 'review'

Hi vis means not just jackets but anything which differentiates crew from paxs - The CSD, a female called K..., was the ONLY crew wearing her hi vis HAT

Head counts are one of the most important features of such an incident and one which the emergency services require asap - if wating until all paxs are loaded onto the coaches some 30+ mins later is acceptable to you then we shall agree to disagree.

I do realise the crew had a duty of care to the paxs BUT my point was WHO WAS TAKING CARE OF THEM?

Once agin the crew DID a fantastic job and I DO appreciate this. I am alive so I will ALWAYS be eternally grateful to them lets not take offence lets just learn and go forward.

Thank you the crew of BA2024 and because of you I will always fly the flag