PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA and Flt Dispatchers
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2004, 17:02
Celestar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Please…there’s no safety issue here!

OK we have no license, indeed less responsibilities and we don't have to sign our flight plans.

Any Pilot In Command will double check his flight planning, fuel figures, weather and alternates PRIOR to departure and will take off only when he’s happy with everything. There's absolutely no SAFETY ISSUE here.

And if indeed he goes without checking, because he believes his Licensed Dispatcher has done the work properly … then that’s where we have a serious SAFETY ISSUE.

Now, I do agree that we should find a solution in Europe in order to have at least a kind of basic Flight Dispatcher License. Being the one responsible within my company to give proper staff training, I am often loosing valuable time to have our new people up to date on the basics. I would rather spend this time giving training on more specific company procedures. The license would make the staff selection easier, would shorter the training and people would be on their own faster. But, on the other hand, it would be an obvious requirement for the company to offer higher salaries.

And to respond to the poster saying that Chinese flights are safer than Europeans ones … humm … you probably mean that’s because it’s one of the very last remaining countries in the world operating more Boeings than Airbuses ! Just kidding … I know how susceptible you Americans are