PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Summer" Weather?
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2004, 17:09
flapsforty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I so know where you are coming from EasyBaby!
If we're doing chest lightening here, let me add one of my pet hates, happened again today.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the aircraft is ready, you are ready and the crew is ready. But due to the busy skies over Europe today, Air Traffic Control, the guys and gals in the tower, have given us a so called slot. Which means that we will be allowed to start the engines in 20 minutes from now, and will be in the air 5 mins later.
We know that many of you have a connecting flight, so the pilots will do everything in their power to make our arrival time as close as possible to the one on your ticket. Right now, we do not know when we will be in XYZ.
As soon as the Captain has a definite arival time, he will let us all know. So please be patient, as soon as we know anything, we will tell you!
()

Walking down the aisle after this announcement, HALF, I kid you not, we're talking 50 % here, of the pax goes: "Miss, I have a connection out of XYZ, when do we land and do you think I will make it??"
While staying polite pleasant and patient because I do understand their anxiety, in my head I would like to scream something like:
" I dont fecking know when we land and I just told you so . In 3 languages, speaking slooooooowly and clearly. You're either deaf or stupid, and I think it's the last"

AAAhhhh, chest considerably lighter, thank you EB!