PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA and Flt Dispatchers
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2004, 07:34
Opssys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As the closing date for submissions is now two weeks ago, I guess the next move is with EASA.

I have read with interest the opinions, concerns and recommendations of those who have posted on this subject and whilst there is a wide variance on what should be included, broadly there is agreement that some form of regulation/certification is required and that it is long overdue.

Unfortunately 12 Posts, are not a representative sample of industry opinion and therefore of no use as an indication of what was submitted (especially when, like me, the poster has no influence on any carriers submission).

The worst case scenario is that this issue is 'shelved' for the time being. In which case Opsbod will be fighting his battle for better training and standards within Operations Control, with no regulatory stick to beat opponents with (been there got the scars - but it was long enough ago for the wounds to have healed :-).

But assuming it is moved forward, with countries like Germany involved, then there is a good chance that the resulting Regulations and Certification requirement, whilst less than Kellmark believes is required (and I not saying he is wrong), will at least from a UK perspective be a giant leap forward (and only 20 years late).