PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question to journalists
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2004, 15:26
1DC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bigfella 5 is right, the attitude of journalists during accidents and emergencies is a disgrace. I was asked, by a journalist ( who had a contact at the hospital) for the name of a person who drowned just minutes before, I refused to say because next of kin hadn't been informed. The response was that "they are few and the public are millions". The journo then demanded that i tell him before the next newshour, he was ignored but managed to get the name from contacts at the hospital anyway. I have seen a TV cameraman lay down on a beach and film a patch of oil 1 meter long, on the TV news programme the oilpatch had grown to 500 metres, and the story was exaggerated accordingly. The journalist with the camera man searched the rock pools until he found a crab and then threw it in the oil, that was filmed as well.
There is a solution.
All journalists should be given 12 points, everytime they report something that is not correct they are fined 3 points, when they have lost all points they are suspended for a month. That way we only get newspapers etc. for four days and then a month of peace..