PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question to journalists
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2004, 14:48
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nup sorry tsnake...EVERY single news article I've ever watched or read that was about something I had intimate knowledge of was about 95% horse****...therefore by logical extension 95% of everything that passes for news is also horse****!

The ONLY part of a news paper/broadcast which might be accurate is the headline...'Plane crashes 10 feared killed'...or 'Shark attack leaves man badly injured'...or "John Howard caught misleading public (again). If you read or listen to the next sentence after that you are reading/listening to ****e!

To my mind the situation got really out of control when 'journalists' became celebrities in their own right.

24 hr 'coverage' as in CNN etc is a major problem imho...it's never 24hrs of news..it's 30 minutes of 'news' repeated 48 times a day....with embelishment where deemed necesary.

I have found I live a much happier and less stressed life by virtually ignoring news broadcasts and only reading news papers if it's the Australian...and only then if I'm in a magnanimous mood.

Bring back James Dibble!!!!

Chuck.