PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A dream too far
Thread: A dream too far
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2004, 13:39
Goldfinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Giving up allows another to fill your boots

Redmania,

After 8 years of trying, how on earth can you now be wanting to give it all up ???? (Taking into consideration SARS, Eyeraq, Afghanistan, Foot and Mouth,911, Financial crises,oil prices.....)

I presume you have educational qualifications coming out of your ears ? You would not have got to a final interview with BA if not. If this is the case, that is 7-10 years worth of hard graft. Then another 7 years of busting a gut doing every job possible to earn a crust to go towards flying.

Have you a PPL ? Any flying hours to show some motivation and that you have some aptitude to flying ? There are some organisations that give flying out for FREE !!!! Have you researched these? Applied for one or two of these wonderful offers. Got off your ar@@ and perhaps become a member. (Don't pm me asking who they are, as have done previous internet lazy bods)

My wonderfully impressive job resume reads

Cockroach killer, Strawberry picker, Sausage maker, Chauff'r, Loo Cleaner, Sandwich maker, Vomit wiper.......oh and for the least paid jobs include Engineer and Finance guru.

Its also taken a few years, but i ain't never givin up on the money so far well spent.

Those that give up, simply make the queue smaller. C'est la vie. Actually, i should be giving more encouragement that you do, it would save all the money on the stamps/envelopes/cv bashing. If you have any mates who are in a similar position, please please explain your thoughts, so that they too might give up as well. Hopefully then, in a few years time, there will be such a big pilot shortage, that my wages will be astronomical.

PS
For a reality check, take a look at some of the hard graft that people in the African and Asian continents put up with to make minor miracles happen....we have it easy by comparison.

PPS
I'm now in need of a beer, anyone care to join me.

Goldfinger