PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Requirements - CAA what a joke
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2004, 13:12
learjet1955

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shame on you all!

The SACAA or Pretoria if you want, is-compared to a lot of other Afrika countries-not an as unorganized place as you state in your unprofessional comments on an open forum. They may have shortcomings or are still paying college fees but we have a Authority that is recognised more and more the world over. I also have 10 African ATPL valid issues- they cost in general U$200 plus a faxed copy of your SA medical, including the type request for issue and a further U$60 for DHL- 3 days man and you can fly co-jo in a B707 !!! That will give you 1200 hours your first year and you fly RVSM. Another 300 and you get captain rating.

Instructors have their jobs, it is a very important link in the chain, and it is allowed by law, let them get on with the hours required business- but I must agree to get into Part 121 straight away from a 172 wives s&l is not the right thing to do and no organization will allow that- at least not in South Africa! And believe me man the SACAA will come upon most of those who somehow slip through the ring- there are more ramp checks these days than pax tickets and that is 10 Brownie points to the SACAA- now you are on the right track,believe!!

To quibble over hours required shows a mind that wants the short way out- fly those hours man and enjoy it, it is fun!