PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question to journalists
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2004, 12:50
bigfella5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ur Kiddin'!!!!!!!!!

Well well,
I can't believe the drivel and rubbish posted here in the defence of those carriers and bastions of truth hereunto known as tabloid journalists/media etc.
After being involved in the aftermath of a well known accident from a couple of years ago in Sydney, I can say in no uncertain terms that the vast majority of media types that reported on the accident were nothing more than more than ill informed and brainless grubs.
1. "Ill informed" due to a basic ignorance in regards to all things aviation.
2. "Grubs" because in the rush to get a "story" these pieces of filth resorted to various tactics that ranged from making telephone calls to staff members home phone numbers in the middle of the night to get the "scoop" to (and I'll never forget this low dirtbag!) to essentially threatening to put a bad slant on one of the businesss involved in the sorry affair if he wasn't given an interview giving "something that may be interesting to Joe Brainless of the general public at 6 o'clock" (his words)
The best part was after a long and trying day that commenced at dawn and due to the accident was close to ending after 10 that night....I walk to my car only to find some ugly, brainless,ill mannered, rude,pushy young punk female journalist leaning against my car and on seeing me......demanded....yes demanded an interview!!!!!!
The really maddening thing was that whilst aforesaid person was being told that enough was enough, I noticed she had her mobile phone sitting on her bits and pieces and it was recording our conversation!!!!!!!!!
At that point I lost it just a bit, grabbed the phone and turfed it!
The really funny thing was that her repost was that " YOU GET THAT SOMETIMES!!!"

Nahhhhhhhh................they can't be trusted!