PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Requirements - CAA what a joke
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2004, 11:29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grizzly Bare - says it all, doesn't it..?

Actually, I do have an FAA ATP. And a South African ATPL and a Dutch ATPL and a Hong Kong ATPL. Firstly, I have not found the SA CAA to be anything like you describe them. Not at anytime in the over 20 years that I've dealt with them. To the contrary is more like it!

Next, since you feel so strongly against the people that taught you to fly, would you kindly please produce the documented evidence and studies showing that Instructors are more dangerous than 1000 hour co-pilots? Regardless of your personal prejudice there is no evidence that the one group is any more or less dangerous than the other.

Also, obtaining a RSA validation is no different to obtaining one elsewhere. Practically all aviation authorities worldwide make provision for the issue of validations and no amount of spitting your dummy in the mud is going to change that.

And finally, lambasting and insulting the authority that issued your licence, on an open forum, with nothing but emotional bullsh!t, is indicative of a level of immaturity not quite conducive to flight deck operations. These shortcomings are normally detected in aviation psychometric testing. As for the chip on the shoulder; take a closer look in the mirror.