PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mytravel pax delayed 40 hours at Gatwick!!
Old 12th Aug 2004, 01:26
TJ747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well guys and girls,

I have been on duty now for the last 3 days (18hr shifts to be exact) and have dealt with this delay pretty much from start to finish.

The pax have been great...a few tempers flared on tuesday night when yet again the aircraft to operate it went tech at the last minute. Everyone who wanted to stay in the hotels nearby did and all had a very generous amount of welfare plus a cash sum on departure.

It was one hell of a delay and all the staff at gatwick have worked there arses of over the past few days to keep things going...we are a team and we stick together when the going gets tough...no matter how long we have been on shift...some even worked on their days off to help out.

the inbound pax which we saw where ok too...no major problems with them and again...assistance from us was on hand for them if they wanted it.

Don't believe everything you read in the papers as what i saw was very over exaggerated as usual.

things are pretty much back to normal now so hopefully we will be ok till next time.

We couldnt of done it without the sheer dedication and hard work from all the staff at gatwick...it was a ****e and unpleasent time at certain points but we got through it.... together.

If anyone has any questions then pls pvt msg me or as someone else said...subject now closed and lets concentrate on someone else for a while.

Many thx...and im now off to bed after another 19hr shift.

tj747