PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tyrolean
Thread: Tyrolean
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2004, 18:39
Wonkavator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well porchini, I've tried it 2 years ago. I honestly cannot say if it is still the same simulator, but here's what I had to go through.

You have to do this check completely single pilot, but since the instructor wants to know what you're doing, you have to talk to "yourself".
It's single engine simulator, kind of cheap, based on some kind flight sim program, but doesn't have any nice graphics. The good thing about this single engine is that is goes slower that with a twin of course.
One thing you REALLY have to pay attention to is 'kickin the ball'. Simply because if you don't your climb rate goes negative or your speed goes down 25-30 kts. And believe me, those pedals are more sensitive than you can imagine. I sneezed twice in a row and almost stalled .....
The approach I had to do had a base turn in it (which you know you can fly either direction). And since I had a pretty bad approach-angle, I decided to go outbound opposite to the final course and create a shorter final track for comfort sake.........BUT NOOOOOOO, the instructor would have liked me fly the other way and create a long final. And I got busted because I argued with him.
So whatever you do, DON'T ARGUE WITH HIM. Oh yeah, make friends there, because I heared they rather hire someone with a lot less experience but who has a friend on the inside.

Good luck