PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Nelsons Future
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2004, 14:15
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, no, you have all that completely wrong.

First of all, I have no desire whatsoever to work for Air NZ. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt etc.

If you read back a bit, you will see that my comments were in relation to Air Nelson. Now I have no desire to work for them either, but the point remains a valid one.

I have chosen the path I am now on, and can in fact have my job back in Europe whenever I want it. Believe it or not (and many here will not be unable to understand this), there are other things in life a lot more rewarding than flying airliners (especially when "flying" actually means "monitoring").

It isn't really important, and I mention it only to illustrate the differences between here and Europe, but the difference between me and your 15 yr/10,000 hour Air NZ pilot, is that most (about 8000) of my hours are in command of transport-category aircraft.

But who cares? I don't, really. I accept the system for what it is, I don't think it is a good or sensible system, but nothing I think is going to change it. Posts like yours typify the problem; throw some insults around, and comprehensively fail to answer the basic question. Don't debate the issue, just raise the finger. How adult of you.

The rest of the insults in your rant, well, not worth the bother responding to.

Oh, and by the way, what the hell has the "furlough" system got to do with anything? Common in the US, very uncommon in Europe, never heard of it here.