PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Failing at sponsorship selections
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2004, 09:22
Penworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Philltowns

Its always galling to get to the final stage of a sponsorship and be within touching distance of having your training paid for only to have it snatched away at the last minute.

Believe me, I've been there, was at the final stage of 4 different schemes (including Atlantic) but didn't quite make the grade each time. All you can really do is tell yourself that you did well to make it that far and if you were almost selected for a sponsorship then there's a good chance that you'll be a successful pilot one day, even if that means going the self-sponsored route.

The other thing I do is think of the people who have been even unluckier than myself, like a guy I know who turned down a BMI sponsorship offer because BA had accepted him onto their cadet scheme, only for sept 11th to happen. Two years later though he was back applying for the CTC scheme. Rather than give up he had picked himself up from the huge disappointment he felt and was back, prepared to give it his all again.

The best thing to do is get your chin up and start planning for the future, whether that be applying for other sponsorships or planning how to self-fund your training.

Hope your feedback from Atlantic gives you some encouragement.

PW