PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIR EUROPE it. - purser removed by police in FCO
Old 15th Oct 2001, 19:42
nobullshit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Since you jump to conclusions without knowing the facts, let me enlighten you with the real situation: this Captain has had a long history with attitude problems and drinking...
After his latest show the company decided, and I can't blame them, that they had had enough with this fella, and that his contract would be terminated.
Now let's see the situation from a broader point of view: there are quite a few British pilots in AEI, and some of them are real nice guys. Most, however, are a bunch of drunkers rejected by most airlines around the world who ended up in Italy by bull****ting their way through interviews. Most have a pension in England, still they come to Italy and occupy positions that other, better pilots could take. I am Italian, and if I wanted to use my licence to work in England I might as well stuff it up my ...
Why is it that these guys can come to Italy and use their licence?
Most of them, after having spent years in Italy, still require everybody else to speak english to them. Do you think this is right? Well, I don't.
So, if it was up to me, pilots who want to work here should give up their pension back home, take an ATPL exam IN ITALIAN and try to dismiss the belief of being god's gift to the flying world. I have been flying for 25 years and have an excellent record: I DON'T NEED ANY EX BA HOTSHOT TO TEACH ME ANYTHING I DON'T ALREADY KNOW!
I hope I have clarified the situation, and I did it in english: I could have done it in French, Spanish or German. Could you do the same? Ah, and by the way, my Grandfather was awarded a gold medal for military bravery during ww2 for sending a few brits swimming in the harbour of Alexandria, and his little submarine vehicle only had a forward gear.