PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When push comes to shove (Jetstar)
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2004, 00:13
Romeo Tango Alpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sinala,

I do not believe Jedda was being nasty or bitchy. Ansett - the GOOD old Ansett pre-Abeles - set a world standard for inflight and ON GROUND passenger service that was mimicked and copied by other airlines. Singapore Airlines for example based their inflight service on Reginald Ansett's ideals.

Qantas has NEVER been "up there" in the books regarding customer service - Australian Airlines was not a lot better (TAA came close to Ansett). I imagine perhaps JetFart uses QN training, which is not necessarily a good thing.

Take this from someone at the pointy end of the tubes you fly in - you guys need MAJOR improvement! DJ is HEADS AND SHOULDERS ahead of ALL current Australian airlines in terms of service, friendliness, and courteous staff.

Old time AN hosties were NOT bitchy - some were aloof. They were because they WERE the best - RM would have it no other way! Why hire second rate employees that deal DIRECTLY with, and project the image of the airline to the customers????

AN "Old Boilers" had, and most still do, have CLASS that most current FA's could only dream about. I have yet to witness a single JetFart FA (not talking Hairy Legged) worth a second look - they show no head-truning grace, poise, or WOW factor.

It is a sad turn when airlines have to trun to T shirts on employees to cut their image in half.... I can just see the authority of a T shirt clad FA during a ditching, when they blend in with the rest of the thong wearing screaming crescendo trying to exit.