PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hours building: Questions, Ideas, Advice, Countries etc
Old 10th Aug 2004, 20:51
Flingwing207

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bell 206 time in Michigan, USA

You might have seen a post in the last month about affordable B206 time in Michigan. I got to be the first one to take advantage of the offer - I'm posting a brief synopsis because it is indeed worthwhile!

I just finished a day of flying in a nicely turned-out Bell 206 (and my first turbine time). Definitely worth the price for anyone wanting to build time and get flight training in a Jet Ranger. You’ll be flying ferry/corporate transport type missions.

We started in Grand Rapids, but I rode back seat to Cadillac (the aircraft’s owner wanted to fly the first leg. I took the right seat in Cadillac for the next 4.2 hours while we flew to a tight parking lot in Saginaw, then to the local airport where we shut down, fueled (waited), started up (yes I did just fine, thanks to Raleigh’s multiple dry runs), back to the parking lot (this time Raleigh did the MP takeoff, as I had no desire to overtorque or overpitch with all the seats filled).

From there, back to Grand Rapids, this time to a slightly larger parking lot, then to the airport, shutting down for lunch and more fuel. After lunch another smooth startup, then back up to Cadillac and finally back to Grand Rapids. Total count, three confined off-airport landings, five normal app/takeoffs, two startups & shutdowns, plenty of hovering, pick-ups & set-downs, and some fun flying over the Michigan countryside (lots of deer).

The helicopter is in great shape – especially so for an A-model. It has a fresh engine, new interior and paint, smooth controls, good avionics and most of the oil stays on the inside!

If you are looking for hours, turbine time, and good instruction from a CFI with plenty of experience in the 206, I recommend this place.
NOTE: you do need to hold at least a PPL(R-H) to partake, due to insurance requirements. And no, this 206 does NOT fly like a big R22!

If you want to find out more, email Raleigh at [email protected] or PM me here if you want more details.

John (back to the Schweizers in MN)